EML (CHEM) holds NATA accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025. Our accreditation number is 2731 and covers both chemical and microbiological testing laboratories.
ISO/IEC 17025 covers technical competence and the relevant quality systems elements in ISO 9001. Please see this International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) document (PDF, 93KB) for a more detailed discussion of ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 9001.
Our accreditations cover an extensive range of chemical and microbiological tests in waters, wastewaters, effluents and trade wastes (including sampling), soils and solids in the following main classes:
- Waters for potable and domestic purposes
- Waters for industrial and steam-raising purposes
- Trade wastes
- Waters, including effluents
- Constituents of the environment
- Solid wastes
- Leachate procedures
- Workplace environment and hazards
- Residues and contaminants in constituents of the environment
If you would like more detailed information about the extensive range of analyses in our chemical and microbiological accreditations, this is available on the NATA website at the following links - chemistry and microbiology.
We have an extensive range of instrumentation including:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrophotomer (ICPAES)
- Atomic Absorption Spetrophotometer (AAS) – Flame, Hydride Generation
- Automated Mercury Analyser
- Automated Discrete Analyser
- Total Organic Carbon/Total Inorganic Carbon/Total Carbon Analyser
- Ultra-Violet and Visible (UV-VIS) Spectrophotometer
We have a dedicated IT team and extensive IT infrastructure. The core of our sample and data management system is our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). This enables us to track samples and results from receipt to completion and generate reports.